Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Surgery time..

What a summer. Who knew we'd be bombarded with health problems so early on. Its been a blast, let me tell you. So after waiting over 7 weeks to get into to see the neurosurgeon, today was the big day. We waited an hour just to get into one of the little waiting rooms. The doctor came in for a few seconds, only to answer his cell phone, then step back out. It was a good thing I had the kids bring their coloring books and a snack, and I brought my latest Mary Higgins Clark mystery. So once the doctor was done with his phone call, he came back into the room, only for his phone to go off again. Nice. The surgeon then proceded to tell me that I was in bad shape, and that I needed surgery asap. He said that I wouldnt have as much nerve damage if I wouldve come in earlier. Well, I strongly agree. However, his office was the one to schedule me so far out, even after I begged and pleaded. The big day is Monday. Im a little nervous, but really looking forward to walking again. I told the kids that the doctor is going to insert an alien in my back, like in the book "The Host" by Stephanie Meyers. The Baby was a little worried about that,lol. In all reality, Im sure I will miss riding in a motorized scooter everywhere I go,lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment