Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October heat

So its October, and we are still baking! Trevor says it will cool down soon, but we'll see. I remember living in Dallas for a summer, than driving with my grandparents to college out west. It was 80 degrees in Kansas, and my grandma and I were so cold that we bought some hot chocolate. I must admit, 80 degrees will feel frigid once again! The kids are looking forward to trick or treating without wearing several layers of clothes underneath their costumes, as they always have in the past. They have been wearing their customes for a week. My big girl is especially cute dressed as a black cat. She's almost at the age of uncertainty. I am encouraging her childhood for all its worth.
She and the Baby have been especially helpful while Ive been morning sick. They have even brought me cold chicken noodle soup for breakfast at 6am. If I wasnt sick already, that would have done the trick itself! The Baby is excited to not be the smallest. But chances are, the new baby will be bigger than her in a year, lol. She is so tiny. Ive never seen a 5 year old fit into size 2T clothes. Artice is loving being "the man of the house" when Daddys at work. I can't believe what a great shot he's become. We got him a 22 rifle for his birthday, and we go shooting in the desert once a week. That boy can nail the target like no other. This last time we went shooting, Tice shot several of Trevor's pistols. The look on his face was priceless. He was one happy boy.
Trevor is on the mend. I often tell him that he's starting to get chubs on his tummy. Okay, so maybe its the other way around,lol. But he is doing so much better. I told him that I want him to gain some serious sympathy weight while I'm prego. He's very excited about the baby, or babies. We're crossing our fingers for twins. We find out on Thursday, at the ultrasound. I want twins for several reasons. Several of my friends have twins, and they are so adorable. I love seeing them in matching outfits. And I have to say, that I'm pretty good at telling identical twins apart. Twins run in my family, so we have a chance. :) The good news is, that either way, I'm due before it gets super hot again.

1 comment:

  1. Ha- I'm pulling for twins for you as well! Good luck! My sister lived in LV for many years until just a few months ago (and I grew up in northern NV). Lucky the baby(ies) will be here before it returns too badly.

    ReplyDelete